Walkabout, our residential drug addiction treatment centre offers specialized, empathic treatment that includes professional medical services on hospital level.
The spectrum of our holistic approach ranges from a first interview, diagnosis and treatment to aftercare counseling including familiy counseling and open consultation.
The Journey is the Destination …
The treatment programme of Walkabout is tailored to meet the needs of men and women of all ages with drug addiction or multiple drug addiction.
We are here for you when you have decided
- to give your life a new direction
- to life an abstinent life
- to improve your physical and mental condition, irrespective of whether you want to live a life of abstinence
- to undergo detox treatment and short-term treatment
- actively participate in life
We will inform you without obligation about ways out of your drug addiction.
OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT WALKABOUT MARIAHILF
For those who want to find out about detoxification, partial detoxification or addiction treatment or those who have already decided to undergo treatment.
Situated in the centre of Graz, our outpatient department is easily accessible.
- first interview
- preparation for treatment
- aftercare counseling
- family counseling
- open consultation
RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTRE WALKABOUT
Walkabout, our residential drug addiction treatment centre in Kainbach bei Graz has 32 beds.
Surrounded by nature, our clients will undergo the process of detoxification or partial detoxification and addiction treatment , being also offered a wide range of therapies that are part of the treatment process.
- detoxification (12 beds)
- short-term treatment (20 beds)
- additional offers like sport and exercise, creative work and much more
STEP BY STEP
At this stage we will inform you about our compact in-patient therapy.
PREPARATION FOR TREATMENT
If you decide to undergo treatment we will assist you in preparing for your stay in our treatment centre either by individual interviews or in our preparatory groups.
DETOXIFICATION (DETOX/PARTIAL DETOX)
For a period of 3-4 weeks, besides the detoxification of your body, we will work together on:
- your individual targets and strategies
- motivation and endurance
- stabilization and developing confidence and strength
After a successful detox you undergo addiction treatment. The treatment lasts for 12 weeks and can be divided into three phases:
Entry Phase: You get to know the day structure and the therapies.
Action Phase: Skilled therapists will give you professional insight and recommendations to set a clear path for recovery.
Integration Phase: increasing contact to the outside world followed by the implementation of new competences with the focus on the resozialization of the patient to a drug-free lifestyle.
… AND MORE
When you have finished our residential treatment programme, we offer you aftercare counseling (individual interviews, group therapy)
We could talk about topics like:
- What can I do against drug craving
- How to deal with my feelings
- Relapse or crisis – what to do
If you wish, we involve your familiy and friends in your preparation for treatment and aftercare counseling
Being a former patient you can contact us without obligation.
Open consultation every Wednesday from 5.00 to 6.00 p.m. in the outpatient department Walkabout Mariahilf.
OUR RANGE OF SERVICES INCLUDES
- treatment by general practitioners and psychiatrists
- general and psychiatric nursing
- clinical psychology and psychotherapy
- social work and social pedagogy
- pottery workshop und creative work
- sport and exercise
- group therapy
- occupational therapy